Water and fire damage restoration company – Restore Right of Dallas, TX offers tips to consumers during National Preparedness Month August 2016.
Dallas, TX – Restore Right, a leading provider of fire, water and mold damage restoration services for residential and commercial properties and is participating in this year’s National Preparedness Month, August 2016. This year’s theme is, Have 2 Ways Out and for children, Be Rabbit Ready.
According to National Fire Protection Association, when fire strikes, a home could be engulfed in smoke and flames in just a few minutes. Have a home fire escape plan that prepares families to think fast and get out quickly when the smoke alarm sounds. If escape routes are blocked, two ways out should be a key part of an evacuation plan. Focus on the importance of fire escape planning and practice. Most importantly, have two ways out of every room through windows and doors. A fire escape or ladder from window exits is imperative.
In 2014, U.S. fire departments responded to more than 1.2 million fires. These fires resulted in more than 3,000 civilian fire fatalities, and 15,775 civilian fire injuries along with an estimated $11.6 billion in direct property loss. Home fires caused 87 percent of civilian fire deaths and 85 percent of the total damage reported . Visit www.nfpa.org.
Restore Right of Dallas, Texas suggests additional tips to help keep homeowners and their families safe:
- Smoke alarms should be installed; never remove or disable smoke alarms.
- Test smoke alarms at least monthly by pushing the test button.
- Don’t leave cooking items or clothing irons unattended. (Leading cause of home fires)
- Don’t let children play with fire.
- Handle gasoline or propane-powered equipment cautiously.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have a family plan in place and conduct a home “Fire Drill” at least twice a year.
- Have a portable ladder in each second floor room.
- Check fire extinguishers for expiration and replace as needed.
- Have an updated emergency first aid kit.
- Keep a clean and orderly home.
During the awareness campaign, Restore Right’s office in Dallas, TX concert with fire industry professionals and will help to spread the word in their communities about the importance of fire safety. If your community has experienced a disaster visit the local office website at www.restoreright.com.
About Restore Right:
Restore Right is a full service fire, water, and disaster restoration company. We work with home and business owners to get you back on your feet again after disaster strikes your property. Restore Right was built with passion for the business, the people we serve, and for lasting success. Our team stresses the importance of professionalism and also the need for patience and understanding during these unfortunate circumstances. We will turn your havoc into harmony!